- Call a bed bug extermination service – A bed bug extermination service has access to tools and expertise that are more effective for bed bug removal than anything you can do on your own.
- React quickly – The faster you get a bed bug extermination service to treat bed bugs in your home, the better. Small bed bug infestations are much easier for bed bug removal experts to handle.
- Speak to your landlord if you have one – You landlord may cover some or all of the cost of bed bug removal and can alert other tenants of the building to be wary.
- Remove clutter in your bedroom – Bed bugs hide in nooks and crannies during the day. Eliminating the places they can hide makes it easier for bed bug extermination technicians to kill them.
- Save bed bugs/molted skin you find – If you find evidence of bed bugs, save it in a sealed plastic baggie. It may help your bed bug extermination technician determine that you have bed bugs.
- Try to treat the problem yourself – Using bug sprays or bug bombs for bed bug removal can cause bed bugs to scatter to different rooms, ultimately making it harder to treat bed bugs in your home.
- Wait to see if the situation improves – Bed bugs are extremely resilient and reproduce quickly. Waiting will not make them go away. Treat bed bugs by calling a bed but extermination service to do bed bug removal.
- Sleep on the couch or anywhere but your bed – It may seem like a smart idea, but it’s not. Bed bugs will follow you and you’ll have two infested rooms rather than one. You’re better off staying where you are and treating the area with the bed bug infestation.
- Stay with a relative or a friend – Just like bed bugs will follow you to another room, they will travel to another house with you. Unless you’re extremely careful, you can spread your bed bug infestation to another home.
- Throw away furniture – This is usually unnecessary if you act quickly to treat bed bugs. Also, if someone else takes the furniture it can spread the problem.
- Assume the bugs are only in your bed – Bed bugs migrate to wherever their food source is at night. If you spend a lot of time on your couch or other furniture they may inhabit there also.
If you’re dealing with a bed bug infestation and are in need of bed bug removal, Magical Pest Control is a trusted bed bug extermination service in Toronto and Southern Ontario. Contact us online or call us at (905) 738-6676 to schedule your bed bug inspection.