According to a recent survey, one in five people have had an experience with bed bugs in their home or in a hotel. This number is quite astounding; it demonstrates just how prevalent bed bug infestations have become.
With the resurgence of bed bugs, it’s important that you be aware about what to do if you encounter bed bugs and how to prevent a bed bug problem from migrating into your home. Here are some tips for being proactive and preventing a bed bug infestation from developing in your home:
- Know the signs of bed bugs. A bed bug problem can easily get out of hand if you don’t know to recognize the signs of bed bugs. Read our in-depth article on the signs of bed bugs, so you know what to look for.
- When you’re travelling check for bed bugs. Hotels are one of the most common sources of a bed bug infestation. Check for signs of bed bugs.
- Consult the bed bug registry. Before you travel, check to see if your vacation spot has a history of bed bug problems.
- Don’t be afraid to call in a professional bed bug exterminator. Bed bugs are one of the most stubborn pests out there, and most homeowners need help killing bed bugs. They are extremely tough to get rid of without professional expertise and tools.
- Not sure if you have a problem? Call in a professional bed bug exterminator to complete an inspection. There’s no shame in finding bed bugs in your home. The longer you put off a bed bug problem, the worse it become
There’s nothing to be ashamed of if you’re dealing with a bed bug infestation. More and more people have personal experiences with bed bugs, and are increasingly aware that bed bugs are not the result of keeping an unclean home, and that a bed bug infestation can happen to anyone.
If you’re concerned you may have a bed bug infestation in your home, please call Magical Pest Control. We’re a professional bed bug exterminator in Toronto and Southern Ontario. You can reach us at (905) 738-6676 or fill our contact form.