So you’ve spotted signs of bed bugs, like blood stains, eggshells or molted bed bug skins. What’s next?
Now that your place is showing the bed bug symptoms, it’s time to do some bed bug control and figure out where the critters are hiding. Here’s how to find bed bugs in your home and common hiding spots:
Where to look for bed bugs in your bed:
- In seams, creases, tufts and folds of mattresses and box springs
- In cracks in the bed frame and headboard.
Where to look for bed bugs around your furniture:
- Under chairs, couches, beds and dust covers
- Between the cushions of couches and chairs
- Between upholstered furniture
- Under area rugs and the edges of carpets
- Between the folds of curtains or drapery
- In drawers, night stands, dressers and storage units stored under your bed
Where to look for bed bugs on and around your walls:
- Behind baseboards, and around window and door casings
- Behind electrical wall plates and under loose wallpaper, paintings and posters
- In cracks in plaster
How to find bed bugs in your electronics:
- Check your phones, radios, and clocks.
Pipes, electrical wiring and other openings are also wise places to check for bed bug symptoms as well, as they provide a route for bed bugs to travel from apartment to apartment or room to room.
Look in your clothes, too. When it comes to bed bug detection, you can’t be too careful. Bed bugs will hide in just about any crack, crevice or nook you can think of. They may have found their way into your home that way. Pay particular attention to used clothing, as they are a common cause of infestations. The same thing goes for used furniture and mattresses.
Magical Pest Control’s Bed Bug Detection
You now know where to look for bed bugs. If you seen preliminary signs of bed bugs, call a bed bug detection company like Magical Pest to complete a professional bed bug inspection and confirm if your home is harbouring the nasty critters. Magical Pest Control offers K-9 scent detection (dogs that detect bed bugs at an accuracy rate of nearly 100%). These highly trained canines can detect the presence of bed bugs behind walls, baseboards and under carpets with their acute sense of smell.
If you’re in need of bed bug control or unsure if you have bed bugs, contact Magical Pest Control to book an inspection. Reach us using our online form, or call us at (905) 738-6676.